Salary: £30,000 – £35,000
Our client is a market leader in mechanical engineering services, they operate on a national basis and widely known for service excellence. They are recruiting for an Engineering Scheduler to support and co-ordinate activities to ensure the effective running of the service department.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience within an engineering / planning / maintenance / technical led environment in a similar role.
- Co-ordinating service jobs which include, raising the jobs, allocating the required manpower and liaising with site engineers, utilising a digital system
- Accurate ordering of parts, maintaining stock levels to company procedure, and checking all deliveries, in a timely manner and to agreed requirements.
- Co-ordinating the job costing process including input of hours on to the job management system (SAP), reviewing the jobs against reports, checking and reporting back against agreed and expected costs and raising of invoices.
- Managing the WIP (work in progress) process, ensuring all jobs are closed in a timely manner, aged jobs escalated to Regional Manager.
- Co-ordinating maintenance contracts by sending out proposals, setting up contracts, arranging the visits, maintaining records and the creation/distribution of invoices/renewals when due.
- Supporting management in the preparation and distribution of quotations.
- Ensuring all PPE is available and is distributed to the appropriate employees in line with company requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s health and safety, quality and environmental procedures in accordance with the company’s policies.
In addition to the elements in this job description, this role also includes such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
- Maths and English GCSE A-C (or equivalent).
- Previous experience in a similar role within an engineering or planning or maintenance or technical led environment
- Computer literate with a sound understanding of software packages– Windows, Microsoft Office etc
- Experience with the use of SAP / Job Watch would be advantageous but not essential
- Capable of working accurately at speed with a wide-ranging remit.
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and with limited supervision.
- Excellent organisational ability; demonstrating attention to detail.
- Ability to contribute to continuous improvement of department.
- Excellent multi-tasking attributes and embraces challenges.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer focused and highly organised.
- Possesses a strong work ethic.
- Takes a proactive and enthusiastic approach.
- Positive and willing team player – goes the extra mile, experience of collaborative working with ability to initiate, develop and sustain positive and productive working relationships with a wide range of people.
JS Recruitment UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As soon as a decision has been reached, we will contact shortlisted applicants. If you are shortlisted, JS Recruitment UK Ltd will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data). JS Recruitment UK Ltd will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms included in the privacy notice which can be viewed on our website: https://jsrecruitmentuk.com/privacy-notice/
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants.
JS Recruitment is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for the role of 'Engineering Scheduler' please fill out the form below: