Salary: Circa. £40,000 + Car Allowance
JS Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with one of the fastest growing construction businesses in the UK. With a strong portfolio of clients along with a number of high-profile projects, this is a great time to be joining their dynamic team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an HSE Advisor who will oversee the Yorkshire region. The successful candidate will be responsible for devising practices within group, ensuring health and safety and environmental best practice on site.
Candidates must also have experience within the construction industry along with NEBOSH General / Construction Certificate Qualification or equivalent, Graduate IOSH Status or CMIOSH status.
On offer is a generous basic salary (negotiable DOE) and benefits include car allowance, company pension scheme, life assurance etc.
- Strive for zero harm, empower all team members to own safety and improve.
- Advise line management and assists with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ related legislation, rules, and Company standards to include health and safety awareness training, site inspections of the company and sub-contractors.
- Motivate & manage SHEQ team covering safety, quality assurance, training, and documentation.
- To complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records maintained.
- To investigate accidents ensuring all documentation is updated.
- Full completion of duties of CDM Coordinator as required by the Construction Design and Management Regulations.
- Full responsibility for Company preparations for monthly H&S and quality audits.
- Liaison with our support departments such as Learning & Development for initiating and coordinating training plans and updating information working in partnership with People & Culture.
- To assist in retaining all current quality accreditations and work towards the attainment of new quality accreditations.
- Advises line management in the office and on site of health, safety, quality, and environmental matters and manages this process to ensure all advice is incorporated into day-to-day processes and operations.
- Leads the Company in meeting its obligations under the Health & Safety Act.
- Provides support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting.
- Facilitates all forms of risk assessment e.g., general, physical, COSHH, fire prevention and acts as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others on site.
- Conducts occupational health and safety related surveys e.g., noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated recommendations.
- Monitors the site “permit-to-work” system to ensure compliance with Company standards.
- Ensure compliance with Group Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Maintain strict quality control procedures, conduct regular site safety checks, toolbox talks and inductions.
- Identify potential hazards.
- Carry out duties tasked by the Head of SHE.
- Storage of all documentation in SharePoint in accordance with the company’s information management policy and guidelines
- Data security & meticulous record keeping of all relevant paperwork & using the operating framework.
- Detailed and logical in their work and capable of prioritising tasks.
- Ensuring that data is protected in line with GDPR regulations.
- Promotes and upholds the group corporate vision & values.
- Any other duties within your capabilities as directed by Board of Directors.
- Experience from within the Construction Sector along with a solid understanding of current legislation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with people at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and with autonomy
- NEBOSH General / Construction Certificate Qualification or equivalent, Graduate IOSH Status or CMIOSH status.
- CSCS Site Card (Black) First Aid Basic Certificate.
- SMSTS & First Aid at Work.
- IT Literate
- Full UK driving licence
JS Recruitment UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As soon as a decision has been reached, we will contact shortlisted applicants. If you are shortlisted, JS Recruitment UK Ltd will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data). JS Recruitment UK Ltd will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms included in the privacy notice which can be viewed on our website.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants.
JS Recruitment is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for the role of 'HSE Advisor' please fill out the form below: