HYGIENE MANAGER – FOOD MANUFACTURING – DAY SHIFTS
Our high-profile client specialises in the food manufacturing sector, they boast a strong presence in the UK and internationally and are currently experiencing a period of growth across the business. As such, they now require a Hygiene Manager in a newly created role to oversee factory hygiene standards at their facility in Cleckheaton.
On offer is a competitive salary (negotiable) along with 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) along with generous pension scheme.
HYGIENE MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION
- Develop and maintain effective Work Instructions and Cleaning Schedules for manufacturing, bagging and general areas.
- Develop specific procedures for changeovers, deep cleaning and overhead cleaning
- Recommend and select types of cleaning equipment and to develop procedures for the management and audit of equipment and of cleaning cages
- Recommend and select types of cleaning chemicals and develop procedures for their safe use. Also, to audit the storage and use of chemicals and to ensure that COSHH data is available and adhered to at point of use
- To monitor the effectiveness of cleaning in a timely manner and ensuring that non adherence is rapidly escalated to management
- Responsibility for arranging hygiene/cleaning training for all staff.
- Advise factory management team as to improvement measures that need to be taken to deliver required standards.
- To develop and maintain a Personnel hygiene auditing process and carry out internal system and hygiene audits to schedule
- To manage the pest control activities on site and be the primary contact point for the pest control contractor
- Ensure fellow colleagues and any external contractors are suitably trained and instructed in the hygiene/cleaning responsibilities they have
- Manage the hygiene/laundry team
- Manage PPE and laundry supplies
- To uphold responsibilities for Food Safety, Quality and Legality. This responsibility must be an integral and consistent feature of any training carried out. Raise awareness of responsibilities and elevate any issues of concern so they can be correctly assessed and appropriately managed
HYGIENE MANAGER – PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Education background/qualifications to Degree or HNC/HND or above would be an advantage especially in a food related qualification
- Minimum 3 years previous Technical/Hygiene experience within a food or food manufacturing background.
- BPCA qualification and Intermediate or Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate is essential
- HACCP/COSH trained
- Internal & External Auditing experience i.e. BRC.
- People management experience (minimum 2 years)
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated person with good verbal and written communication skills
- A ‘no nonsense’ approach to maintaining standards and doing the right thing
- Keep calm under pressure and when dealing with incidents
- Good use of reasoning/logic skills
- Good PC skills
- Excellent Organisational skills
JS Recruitment UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As soon as a decision has been reached, we will contact shortlisted applicants. If you are shortlisted, JS Recruitment UK Ltd will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data). JS Recruitment UK Ltd will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms included in the privacy notice which can be viewed on our website: https://jsrecruitmentuk.com/privacy-notice/
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants.
Salary up to £32000.00 per Year
To apply for the role of 'Hygiene Manager' please fill out the form below: