Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 per annum
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Our client is a growing a manufacturer who boast an impressive portfolio of customers in the UK and internationally are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their established team in Huddersfield. As a market in the provision of bio-decontamination transfer solutions, their systems and services are used in hospital, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, laboratory and biomedical research applications. The company has an international presence with clients based in the UK, Europe, North America and in the Far East.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will manage the design work on multiple simultaneous contracts, deadlines and demands in a busy engineering contracting company trading globally.
- To carry out design work for the equipment range including transfer hatches, doors, vision panels, personnel showers, break-out panels, and other equipment, including Air Pressure Resistant equipment for high containment facilities.
- Production of GA drawings for customer approval on contracts and sales projects.
- Production of manufacturing drawings and BOMs for contracts.
- All designs are project specific; these may be based on company standards or will otherwise be ‘specials’ requiring a significantly higher level of design input and development.
- Ensure all designs comply with the required contract specifications.
- Liaise with customers as directed for the purposes of design development and approval.
- Liaise with suppliers as required for the purposes of design development, procurement and manufacturing queries.
- Carry out occasional site work as required including surveys, client meetings, supplier meetings.
- Contribute proactively to the ongoing improvement of designs.
- Experience using AutoCad, Inventor or Solidworks would be advantageous.
- Good commercial ‘nous’ and maintain a commercial dimension in all design work.
- Strong experience and capability with relevant CAD software the Mechanical Design Engineer.
- HND or similar qualification in Mechanical Design Engineer.
JS Recruitment UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As soon as a decision has been reached, we will contact shortlisted applicants. If you are shortlisted, JS Recruitment UK Ltd will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data). JS Recruitment UK Ltd will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms included in the privacy notice which can be viewed on our website.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants.
JS Recruitment is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for the role of 'Mechanical Design Engineer' please fill out the form below: