Salary: £28,000 – £35,000
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Are you ready to unleash your creativity and engineering expertise?
Our growing manufacturing client are seeking a highly skilled and creative Mechanical Design Engineer to join their dynamic team. As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will paly a pivotal role in designing and developing innovative mechanical solutions for their products.
Working for this organisation you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects, push the boundaries of technology, and make a lasting impact. They offer a stimulating work environment, competitive remuneration package, and opportunities for professional growth.
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER RESPONSIBILTIES:
- To carry out design work using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD for the equipment range including transfer hatches, doors, vision panels, personnel showers, break-out panels, and other equipment, including Air Pressure Resistant equipment for high containment facilities.
- Production of GA drawings for customer approval on contracts and sales projects.
- Production of manufacturing drawings and BOMs for contracts.
- All designs are project specific; these may be based on company standards or will otherwise be ‘specials’ requiring a significantly higher level of design input and development.
- Ensure all designs comply with the required contract specifications.
- Although the design work is primarily mechanically based the company’s designs also include electrical, controls and pneumatic equipment where the Mechanical Design Engineer is required to be generally familiar and to liaise effectively with the company’s Electrical/Controls Engineer as required.
- Liaise with customers as directed for the purposes of design development and approval.
- Liaise with suppliers as required for the purposes of design development, procurement and manufacturing queries.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will typically carry out all mechanical design work on small-medium size projects and will also be required to act as part of a team (possibly as design leader) on a larger projects.
- Carry out occasional site work as required including surveys, client meetings, supplier meetings.
- Contribute proactively to the ongoing improvement of designs.
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Proficiency in CAD software including SolidWorks, Inventor & AutoCad.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment.
JS Recruitment UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As soon as a decision has been reached, we will contact shortlisted applicants. If you are shortlisted, JS Recruitment UK Ltd will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data). JS Recruitment UK Ltd will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms included in the privacy notice which can be viewed on our website.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants.
JS Recruitment is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for the role of 'Mechanical Design Engineer' please fill out the form below: