MULTI-SKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER – EARLY FINISH ON A FRIDAY AND NO WEEKENDS!
Our client is a global manufacturer based on the outskirts of Pontefract. They now require a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will maintain production equipment on site in order to produce products efficiently and to ensure that customer demands are met.
On offer are excellent benefits including generous pension scheme (min 9% employer), 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays and life assurance.
The hours of work are 09.50pm – 6.05am Monday to Thursday and Friday 4.50pm – 9.50pm
Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.
MULTI-SKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER – JOB DESCRIPTION
- Responsible for rectifying machine breakdowns and carrying out routine maintenance on machinery with the aim to reduce the down time of the production lines. To continuously improve production efficiencies.
- Assist in the installation of any new factory equipment and machinery, supporting relevant machine contractors as and when required.
- Ensure all breakdown documentation and task reports are completed. Communicating reoccurring issues to the Team Leader/Engineering Technician and where possible provide preventative measures to aid in continuous improvement.
- Assist other departments in achieving operational objectives, within agreed targets of efficiency, wastage, cost and quality.
- Ensure all work undertaken is compliant with current Health and Safety requirements and that safe working practices and good housing keeping standards are adhered to.
- Liaise with the Stores Person to procure parts and equipment as directed by the Team Leader / Departmental Manager.
- Assist in the training and development of Production Operatives, and Technical Operators to upgrade their skills in order to assist in their basic problem solving and troubleshooting techniques.
- Work in a flexible manner with the ability to work across different tasks and functions across the factories.
- Develop relationships, working practices and effective communication channels with colleagues within other departments, working together in the joint ownership of any issues and problem-solving activities.
- Take an active role in identifying personal training needs of yourself to learn and develop within the role of Engineer.
- Ensure that you follow and adhere to Company Policies and Procedures (e.g. Hygiene Policy and the Attendance Policy)
MULTI-SKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER – PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualification or qualified by experience
- Experience working in an FMCG manufacturing environment – food manufacturing would be ideal
- Good understanding of quality awareness and checking
- Ability to understand basic instructions
JS Recruitment UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As soon as a decision has been reached, we will contact shortlisted applicants. If you are shortlisted, JS Recruitment UK Ltd will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data). JS Recruitment UK Ltd will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms included in the privacy notice which can be viewed on our website: https://jsrecruitmentuk.com/privacy-notice/
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants.
Salary up to £35000.00 per Year
To apply for the role of 'Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer' please fill out the form below: