Salary: £40,000 p.a.
Location: Near Pontefract
SHIFT MANAGER – FOOD MANUFACTURING – DAYTIME SHIFTS AND NO WEEKENDS
Fantastic opportunity to join our reputable client, a growing manufacturer, as Shift Manager to complement their growing team and to be based at their impressive facility near Pontefract.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Shift Manager will be primarily responsible for leading and promoting a culture which enables colleagues to deliver, thrive and prosper against their respective business and personal development objectives.
We are keen to speak with candidates with strong leadership skills and proven experience of managing production teams within an FMCG manufacturing environment. Good working knowledge of packing lines and modern manufacturing techniques is also required.
On offer is a competitive basic salary along with 12% employer pension, fully funded private healthcare, death in service, 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Promote and build a safety-first culture, ensuring compliance with safe working practices, policies and procedures.
- Identify, manage and oversee Health and Safety needs/ requirements for the entire department.
- Ensure compliance with all Quality, Food Safety and Legislation requirements.
- Always maintain audit compliance standards and promote a proactive quality culture within the department.
- Embed a culture of lean manufacturing.
- Ensure all standards are maintained and consistently applied throughout the Team including Heath and Safety, Human Resources and Food Safety.
- Manage a team of individuals to deliver an accurate training programme, focused upon enhancing both individual performances.
- Oversee and facilitate the department to deliver the Key Performance Indicators.
- Work alongside the engineering department, making informed decisions on both short and long-term maintenance plans.
- To lead, drive and promote a lean manufacturing culture within the factory.
- To represent the department in the identification, scoping and submission of capital expenditure projects aimed at delivering process improvements and cost savings.
What you’ll need:
- Experience managing a team in FMCG, manufacturing environment.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to drive performance excellence.
- Passionate about embracing change and leading by example.
- Good understanding of Lean Manufacturing (Kaizen, Six Sigma etc) and Continuous Improvement concepts
- Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety best practice and current legislative requirements
- Knowledge of BRC and supermarket standards
JS Recruitment UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As soon as a decision has been reached, we will contact shortlisted applicants. If you are shortlisted, JS Recruitment UK Ltd will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data). JS Recruitment UK Ltd will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms included in the privacy notice which can be viewed on our website.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants.
JS Recruitment is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for the role of 'Shift Manager' please fill out the form below: