Salary: £50,000 – £55,000 per annum
Make an impact as Transport Manager for a growing global business!
Are you ready to step into a role that will allow you to make a real impact?
Our client, a global service provider, is looking for a dynamic Transport Manager. Reporting to the General Manager, you will work with autonomy, leading and developing the logistics team, championing continuous improvement and ensuring the delivery service excellence in support of the company’s ambitious growth plans.
We are keen to speak with commercially astute candidates who have a proven record of managing high performing teams within both Transport and Logistics. The role will be both strategic and hands on, strong leadership skills are a must coupled with hunger, passion and desire to inspire others to reach their full potential.
As a leader in their field of expertise, the company work with a portfolio of long-standing clients in the UK and boast an international presence. Being a highly regarded employer of choice, they offer a supportive working environment and are committed to investing in and developing employees. As such, training, career development and promotion opportunities are readily available.
The Transport Manager will oversee a team of approx. 50 heads across inbound and outbound operations.
- Lead, manage and develop logistics team
- Investigate and resolve logistics issues
- Ensure route optimisation
- Oversee health and safety
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Develop and manage budgets with full P & L responsibility
- Drive continuous improvement
What’s On Offer?
- Salary – up to £55,000 per annum DOE
- 15% Bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Sick Pay
- Strong background in transport, logistics, distribution, supply chain management
- Experience managing a large team of drivers
- First rate people management skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation
- Customer-centric mindset and commercially focused
- Strong financial awareness and budget management skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
- Computer literate, ability to learn new systems
- Experience implementing continuous improvement initiatives is desirable
- IOSH, NEBOSH, CPC Card would be advantageous
Keywords: Transport Manager, Logistics Manager, Transport, Distribution, Supply Chain
JS Recruitment UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As soon as a decision has been reached, we will contact shortlisted applicants. If you are shortlisted, JS Recruitment UK Ltd will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data). JS Recruitment UK Ltd will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms included in the privacy notice which can be viewed on our website.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants.
JS Recruitment is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for the role of 'Transport Manager' please fill out the form below: