Interviews can be daunting, particularly if you’re throwing your hat in the ring for the first time. It is, however, a skill that can be perfected. The more carefully you prepare, the more likely you are to succeed.
Whilst the format of interviews and expectations of interviewers can vary, the following tips are sure to stand you in good stead for most interview situations:
- Dress appropriately for interview, this typically means professional business dress.
- Check the date, time, location, travelling time and who you are due to meet. Make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before the interview is due to start.
- Carry out some research on the organisation. Demonstrating you’ve done some independent research on the company during interview shows that you really want the role.
- Read through the job specification prior to interview and prepare some examples of past experiences which closely relate to the job in question.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions during the interview. Asking questions will serve to confirm your interest and enthusiasm. It’s a good idea to prepare some questions to ask in advance.
- If you’ve enjoyed the interview, leave the interviewer in no doubt that you want the job. You could thank the interviewer and tell them that you are looking forward to hearing from them.
If you’re looking for a career move then the team at JS Recruitment would love to hear from you! Contact us on 01977 269069.